“At This Moment” Performed By Billy Vera & The Beaters (1981)

March 25, 2010

Music historian and record producer Billy Vera was a song writer in the Sixties and also recorded R&B duets with singing partner Judy Clay.

He recorded this now classic track,  “At This Moment,”  in 1981 with his band called “The Beaters.” The tune charted #70 on the Billboard Top 100 that year.

I first heard this song and fell in love with it (as did many others I am sure) on an episode of  “Family Ties.”  I recall it played while the Alex P. Keaton character was dancing with his girlfriend character (played by Tracy Pollan) on the show who eventually became his real life wife.

After the TV airing on the hit sitcom “Family Ties,” the song resurfaced at the top spot (#1)  on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts in 1986 and also the top spot (#1) on the Adult Contemporary Charts in the same year.

Then the following year,  1987, the song charted once again at #9  the Billboard Hot 100;  #70 on the R&B/Hip Hop Singles Charts and it even made the Country Music Chart at #42.

Some call that a versatile song but I just call it a classic and good music.

Here is the current official Record Company Promotional Video for the song. Mr. Vera (born William McCord) is still in fine, fine form. I would love to see him perform live  and shall  add this request  to my bag of wishes.

Enjoy.

For more on Billy Vera and The Beaters please check out this great site.

Filed under:At This Moment,Billy Vera & The Beaters,Billy Vera Composer,Blue Eyed Soul,Blues/Soul,Eighties,Magnificent Male Vocalists,One Hit Wonders,Pop/R&B,Pop/Soul,Rhino

1 Elaine Davenport March 26, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Hi Sondan! You have consistently researched groups and histories; I think that it has made you a Specialist expert! I am praying that you will begin to get marketed and I know that you have an amazing following; well deserved! I know why! Truly I do. Thank you. Love E

2 SonDan March 27, 2010 at 9:59 pm

E. I am really, really, really trying hard to give out only accurate information. But of course the data is only as accurate as my source documents. An artist just schooled me on a tidbit that was not correct in any of the written biographical information I had read — so I feel blessed to have been corrected right from the horses mouth!

I have learned a lot about the music and artists that I truly love while preparing my my blog posts, so it is worth the work. Thank you for recognizing my efforts.

You will have to school me on the marketing real soon.

More hugs,

3 Elaine Davenport March 28, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Hi Sondan! How ya doin today? Have you heard about the people that turn their Blogs/websites into a book? You could easily do this. Love E

4 SonDan March 28, 2010 at 10:20 pm

In fact I have given this some thought to this recently E. I will chat you up offline on this one ;-) Have a great week my friend.

5 Roses June 20, 2010 at 12:35 pm

That was phenomenall!!!! Thanks a lot for sharing!!! My biggest aplauses here!!! Roses

6 SonDan June 20, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Thanks Roses. I appreciate your visit and kind words. Hope you visit on a regular basis. You know Billy Vera will always and forever be remembered for this song and I hope he knows in his heart and soul that it is a good thing!
Hugs,