"Hawaii Five-O Theme" Performed by The Ventures (1969)

February 4, 2008

the-ventures-hawaii-5-0.jpg

#4 Pop

Since I started out February with an instrumental tied to a TV show, I thought I would do a few more popular instrumental TV show themes this week.

“The show, “Hawaii Five-0″, centered on the adventures of the fictional Hawaii state police agency. Appearing on CBS from 1968 to 1980, Hawaii Five-0 was the longest running crime show on network TV, until Law & Order broke its record in 2003.”

“The popularity of the Hawaii Five-O format spawned various police dramas on all the major television networks since its debut.”

“The super popular Hawaii Five-O theme song, was composed by Morton Stevens and later covered by surf music band The Ventures. The Ventures enjoyed their greatest popularity and success in the US in the 1960s, but they have continued to perform and record up to the present. In fact On December 13, 2007, The Ventures were announced as one of the five musical acts that will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 10, 2008.”

hawaii-five-0-resized.jpg

Coincidentally – the third season of the TV show Hawaii Five-0 was just released on DVD on January22, 2008. Pictured at left is the cover of the first season DVD featuring stars (l-r) James MacArthur, Gilbert Francis Lani Damian Kauhi, Cam Fong and Jack Lord.

Source and to read more about The Ventures here and at The Ventures Official Website.

Source and to read more great trivia about “Hawaii Five-O” television show here.

Thanks for reading and listening.

Filed under:Bands,Hawaii Five-0 Theme,Instrumental Grooves,Liberty,Morton Stevens,Pop/Instrumental,Sixties,Summertime Hits,The Ventures

1 bluedreamer February 4, 2008 at 9:35 am

so nice instrumental
it makes me dance
i love hawaian rhytym
lol

2 sondan February 4, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Yeah I like it a lot too. Problem is, it makes me want to see the TV show and I can’t afford to buy any new DVDs right now. ARGH! Oh well, something to look forward too I guess. If my sister decides to read this – er, the 3 Hawaii Five-0 DVDs that are out right now would make a great birthday gift(HINT)!

3 Jen / domestika February 5, 2008 at 12:51 am

Whoa, memories! Who can forget that show, that theme? I’m not going to spring for the DVDs, though – too many other goodies to go on the list – but then, how many of us can play that theme music in our minds!

4 sondan February 5, 2008 at 2:46 am

Domestika,

OMG — speaking of theme music in our minds — I want you to know that I have had the song stuck in my head all day, ever since I made the post. I actually ended up coming back to the PC to listen to it twice. I supposed that the only way I am going to clear it from my brain is to do my next post. (BIG TOOTHY SMILE)

Thanks so very much for stopping by.

5 peacefulone February 6, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Hi Sondan! I see you’ve been busy! This is so nice, I used to love that show. I used to have a crush on Jack Lord. Do you know whatever happened to him? Well you be Blessed my friend. Amazing presentation and Blessings to you!

6 sondan February 6, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Good to hear from you Elaine. Hope all is well with you and glad you enjoyed the post. Jack Lord went on to glory in 1998 at the age of 77 years young.

I also learned, while looking for tidbits for this post, that even though most of the cast has passed on there are still huge fan clubs and conventions for the cast and show. So we are by no means alone in loving.

This is what I love about the blogging process – learning so much about so many and of course meeting new friends like you.

Have a great rest of the week E.

7 peacefulone February 10, 2008 at 11:14 pm

Hey Goil! That’s amazing. Time flies. Hope that you’re having a great week-end. I’m Blessed. Just Blogging. Smile. Duty calls. I just stopped by on my break. Blessings E